Service OrganizationsYour Field & CID
How Service Organizations Benefit from CID
Service organizations encompass a wide variety of interests. But they have a commonality – a message to share with their audiences. To get your message across you
- need to capture & retain their attention
- the message needs to be understood in the way you intend it to be understood &
- it’s important for your audiences to recall your message – to possibly take some form of action.
Any organization that needs to transmit information or perform training sessions with employees or clients could benefit from creating cognitive-based materials.
This could result in clarifying your goals & mission in ways that ease recall of your information, purpose & programs.
Data from the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics.
- Literacy was defined as the knowledge & skills needed by adults, in life & at work, to use information from various texts (e.g., news stories, editorials, manuals, brochures) in various formats (e.g., texts, maps, tables, charts, forms, time tables).
- The test questions were developed to assess the respondent’s ability to: retrieve, compare, integrate & synthesize information from texts & to make inferences, among other skills.
- The population included adults ages 16-65 from varied socio-economic status, across gender & educational levels.
- The 87% below Proficient were divided into the following subsections: Intermediate, Basic, Below Basic.]
A silent PROBLEM
ADULT READING ABILITIES
The majority of US adults have been found to be below proficient in their ability to read, interpret & apply what they read accurately.
Our culture is being inundated with information yet the majority of U.S. adults may have difficulty properly interpreting or correctly understanding what they read.
This poses a pivotal challenge to professionals whose job it is to effectively convey information using text.
A simple SOLUTION
Information shown in cognitive-based formats (CID) can help people to accurately interpret visual or written information. Investing 4 hours to learn CID in a hands-on workshop is cost-effective and will improve the quality of your communications.
American novelist & painter